Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For your listening pleasure....

How many other nightowls are out there? Anyone? Just me? Well, if you do ever find yourself cruising around at 3 in the morning, let me me tell you what late night radio has in store for you.

Now I'm not too interested in the "main stream" stations. If you've listened to Dave FM, Star, The Beat, The River, Q100, V103, Kicks et. al. during the day, then you know what they sound like at 3 in the morning. No, the low end of the FM dial, and especially the AM dial, come to life after dark. The freaks come out at night, as they say.

I have my favorites. Much to my liberal friends chagrin, I listen to Neil Boortz most often. WSB replays the days show from 2-5 am. While he gets off on some tangents, I do find him entertaining. Sorry, Money. I can't help, being a conservative.

On Tuesday and Saturday, you can hear some very good hip-hop on WRFG 89.3. Tuesday is Peas in a Pod, and it feeds my old school hunger. KRS, EPMD, Eric B. and Rakim keep me from falling asleep at the wheel. Saturday is the Remix. The hosts, DJ Cisco and Gerald Olivari, play alot more current stuff, but not the stuff you will hear on the Beat. This stuff is actually good. Also, Cisco and Gerald discuss politics from a more left leaning position, so it tempers the Boortz a little.

Can someone explain to me why I can not pick up 680 The Fan out of Atlanta at night, but can clearly get AM 1000, a sports talk station out of Chicago. That's right, I said Chicago. Now I appreciate Da Bears as much as the next guy, but how 'bout some local flavor.

And now for the, shall we say "colorful", shows. 1510 AM has a guy who calls himself "The Ole Trailblazer." This guy is a self proclaimed prophet of God. And he is country as the day is long. Just listen for a few minutes and you'll be speaking in tounges and taking up serpents. Good family fun.

And the one that takes the cake. The mother of all late night shows. Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. I could spend a week talking about this one. Have you been abducted by aliens? Can you see and/or travel to the future and/or past? Has the government poisoined your drinking water to keep the populace in line? Are you possesed? Are you a member of the Illuminati, Skull & Bones, Knights Templar, Priory of Scion, Rosecutions, Masons or any other secret society? If you answered "yes" to one or all of these questions, this is your show. Just to give you an idea, tonights show is Rosemary Ellen Guiley discussing ghosts, hauntings, cursings and demon Djinn. It's almost Halloween, you know? Last night was reincarnation research. You really can't go wrong with this show people. I highly recomend it. And check out coasttocoastam.com if you have time to spare. The pictures alone are worth the trip. Next time I'll tell you how Coast to Coast scared the crap out of me. I'll give you a chance to check out the show first, then you'll understand better.

I don't know, maybe I should just get my CD player fixed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should try NPR 90.1-- It is probably only playing classical music at 3 a.m., but a lot of times it has a lot of great stories. Last week there was a report of a guy who dresses up as Superman everyday in public. It did a whole 10 min piece on why he does it and the responses he got.

It also gives some great, nonbiased news stories. It is pretty refreshing to hear something that doesn't lean to the Dems or the Reps.

Go Dawgs!

Seth said...

I do listen to 90.1 some, when the regular shows get to repatative. But yeah, it's only classical music until about 6 am, by which time I'm back in my bed.